Onset HOBOnet Wind Speed and Direction Sensor is tailored for seamless integration with the HOBOnet (HOBO® RX) Wireless Sensor Network. Data is wirelessly transmitted from the sensor mote across the network to the station and subsequently uploaded to the HOBOlink® web-based software. Through HOBOlink, users gain the ability to monitor sensor readings, analyze graphs, configure alarms, download data, and access various additional features.
- Provides average wind speed, highest 3-second wind gust, and average wind direction for the measurement interval
- Designed to meet World Meteorological Organization (WMO) guidelines
- 900 MHz wireless mesh self-healing technology
- 450 to 600 meter (1,500 to 2,000 feet) wireless range and up to five hops
- Up to 50 wireless sensors or 336 data channels per HOBO RX station
- Powered by rechargeable AA batteries and built-in solar panel