- Direct connection to a database as standard feature, with no special unit, software, or middleware required. Support for stored procedure calls and secure communications functionality.
- OPC UA server built-in as standard feature, variable structures are supported
- Cloud direct connection: MQTT(S) communications are supported using MQTT Communication Library
- Large memory for data handling. 260 MB for variables
- Built-in network connectivity, 2x Ethernet (1 Gbps) ports + 1 EtherCAT.
- Used in conjunction with NX-SL5 Safety Control Unit to build a large-scale safety system (CIP Safety: Up to 254 connections)
- Up to four NX-EIP201 network units. It can expand the number of Ethernet ports up to 10 in total.
- Fastest cycle time: 250 µs
- Synchronized motion core. Number of axes: 64, 32, 16
- Battery-less controller
- One unique and synchronized cycle for local & remote I/O, EtherCAT devices and motion control
- Up to 63 local NX units, including Safety and IO-Link master
- Multi-tasking controller
- EtherCAT Ring topology is supported to maintain communications and control in case of a broken cable or device failure
Omron NX502 Machine Automation Controller
Information, Control and Safety
The new NX502 CPU and NX-EIP201 EtherNet/IP units utilize OMRON’s unique advanced information processing, communications technologies, and large-capacity memory to achieve real-time analysis and process modularization. This approach contributes to improving sustainability and minimizing waste at production sites and shortening lead times when changing lines.