OMRON-TP SkillsFuture Queen Bee Programme
Leveraging on a range of autonomous robotics cells deployed at the smart factory within Temasek Polytechnic Advanced Manufacturing Centre, this course focuses on vision-assisted robotics technology with the integration of the machine vision systems as the smart sensors onto industrial robots as an enabling technology for specific advanced manufacturing applications such as assembly, dismantling and packaging of products. A Vision Guided Robot System is essentially a robot configured with a set of industrial cameras and image processing units as the input devices to provide a secondary feedback signal for a robot to move accurately to a range of varied target positions. This is crucial for a robot to identify the exact location and orientation of a component dispatched by a part feeder for it to pick up within the confined area.
What You’ll Learn
Describe the key concepts of integrating machine vision systems in robotics and automation
- Explain the goals of integrating machine vision systems in robotics and automation
- Describe the main components of machine vision systems according to the work environment and requirements
- Distinguish between image processing and image analysis
Apply image analysis techniques in machine vision systems
- Describe elementary object recognition and identification by features
- Compare scene analysis and mapping
- Apply the detection and localization of edges
- Describe stereo imaging techniques in machine vision system
- Describe specialized lighting techniques in depth measurement
Develop a machine vision and pattern recognition application
- Identify the appropriate applications for vision guided robotics application
- Perform the setting up of a machine vision system to acquire an image
- Set the boundary conditions of machine vision system for robotics and automation
- Develop a machine vision assisted robotics application for pattern recognition and inspection.
Date: 7 – 8 November 2023
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9am – 5pm
|Fees Type||Course Fees
|Full Course Fee / Repeat Students||S$856.00|
|Aged 40 and above / SME-sponsored||S$96.80|
|Aged below 40||S$256.80|
|Full Course Fee / Repeat Students||S$864.00|
|Singapore Permanent Residents / Long-Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) Holder||S$259.20|
|SME-sponsored (Singapore Permanent Residents) / Long-Term Visit Pass Plus (LTVP+) Holder)||S$99.20|
SkillsFuture Credit Approved. For more details, please click here.
With effect from 1 Jul 2020, the Workforce Training Scheme (WTS) will be replaced by the Work Support Scheme (WSS), for more information, please visit:
Participants will be issued with a Certificate of Performance upon meeting 75% of the required course attendance.
Applicants should preferably have relevant working experiences in manufacturing sector.
Limited slots are available. Sign up now to avoid disappointment!
Brought to you by: